The other day I was looking through my old GitHub repositories, and I found JuliaSass. This was my fisrt time experimenting with Sass and Haml. I had been using Less at the time, but I learned about Sass’ support of @functions and I was inspired. I decided to build a Sass script that would generate a Julia Set fractal. Haml would be used to generate a huge number of divs, and Sass would be used to calculate and set each div’s color based on the fractal’s coloring algorithm.
The resulting CSS file was over 50000 lines long and took over 1 minute to generate on my machine. Needless to say, this is a horrible idea, but I thought it was a cool expiriment.